Been wanting to add this entry since my previous entry, which was 2 nights ago, but i kinda got dragged down by mktg. Immediately after my last entry, i had a smoke at e bench outside my place and i wanted to talk to someone before i started mugging.. First one i called was Shayma cos i missed her a bit.. When she connected, i ended up listening to her chat with her friends more than she spoke to me. Barely 5 mins later i had found an excuse to put the phone down. The next one i called was Rach, she was the girl i got kinda close to after my JC crush and the last time spoke to her was like maybe a yr ago. The first thing she did was to put the blame of not being in touch, on me. The next immediate thing she said was that i was still single (how can she tell? anyway, it sounded more like an accusation). Typical Rachel. I spoke to her for an hour or so (On my hp, rich-boy type). It never ceases to amaze me how we can still connect, the initial intention of calling someone to fill up my study break, became a conversation to fill up lost time instead. With her, i always ended up thinking long and hard, we spoke about tudung issues, marriage, the roles of women in Islam, about my career options (she laughed n wished me gd luck when i told her i wanted to be a CFA).. Haha, it's great to hear a familiar voice and to thread upon once familiar ground.. Let me just state for the record that i admire and respect this girl a lot, even though she's rich, she earned her own keep and paid her own Uni fees.. She has always been confident and sticks to her ideals and aims no matter what... I'm still hoping some of that would rub off on me.. haha..
On another note, Rach asked me if J had msgd me to inform me of her new number. Ouch. I knew it. sigh. I'm disappointed but hey, it doesn't matter. I dun need friends like tat. I have the creme de la creme around me.
Thursday, May 06, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment