I just watched the last episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. (yes yes i know it's supposed to be tm but i downloaded it. So sue me). Anyway.. F.R.I.E.N.D.S. has really been the one show i faithfully follow, season in and out. And I guess this is really the end, after so many seasons of proposed termination got delayed and the final episode never came. Until now. F.R.I.E.N.D.S. has been one of the few constant things in my life.. it was there when my raging teenage hormones in sec 3-4 made me watch it cos Jen Aniston was so damn hot, it was also the focal point of discussion whenever i spoke to Jen in JC1.. F.R.I.E.N.D.S. was the best excuse to spend time with JT in the reading room when i was in CDA, plus it kept me going, on all those mundane Mondays.. It kept me awake in between reports and fire calls as i performed my duty at Clementi Fire station..
I used to remember that i tried to be like Chandler in JC, i guess i did have the natural wit and sarcasm so ppl said i reminded them of Mr Bing (Ok only Vicky, Jen and Rach actually) ..but as the show progressed i realised i was more like Ross, the sensitive nerd with a loud macho shit-ass exterior.. also over time, i really appreciated the different characters.. Joey has always been so lovable, he really reminds me of Gerald.. haha.. Monica, who i used to detest, grew on me and i guess i do have her neat freak tendencies sometimes.. Rach.. well, she was the original reason i watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S., and her on-off romance with Ross did more than keep me at the edge of my seat.. Phoebe Buffay was the oddball who i initially thought was a female version of Joey.. True, she's dumb but she's kooky, weird and so funny sometimes.. But the most laughs came from Chandler's antics of course.. And then Joey.. Ross only started getting funny in the later seasons.. Well..I thought i'd type down the different moments from the various episodes of F.R.I.E.N.D.S, throughout the 10 seasons.. U guys got any?
My F.R.I.E.N.D.S. moments:
- They were playing ball in the park, when Chandler tore Joey's shirt in a scruffle. Joey screamed that it was his favourite shirt.. Chandler's reply? "Well...Now u have 2 of 'em!"
- Chandler kissed Rach before Ross. This was when Mon and Rach were in High School and the guys were in College. He simply said, "Hey I'm in college and i play in a band." She said ok and kissed him... Both the best friends' hairstyles deserved a special mention. Chandler with his 80s 'weird-lookin, there's sth abt mary' hairstyle and Ross with the nerdy curls (a la miami vice).
- When Ross was putting the ring on Emily's finger and actually said "Rachel". Ouch. I think one of the seasons' finale.
- The holiday armadillo(ross) and Santa Bing.
- Frank. Phoebe's weird-ass brother who fell madly in love with a really old lady and persuaded Pheebs to have his 3 babies (by artificial insemination of coz). I thought he looked like Billy Joe Armstrong from Greenday.
- How Monica fell for Chandler, the meanest guy she knew when she was younger and much fatter. I also remember Jack Geller telling them that he noticed their positions were wrong after he caught them doing it in the hospital storeroom hahaha. (i think Rach was having the baby)
- The time when Joey went back to a girl's place and realised that he'd been there before. He had her on the couch, on the floor, in the kitchen, everywhere but the armchair because of the cactus.. It turned out he had actually slept with her sister! haha.
- The race between the duck and the chicken across the hallway of the 2 apartments. The refs were Phoebe and Joey.
- The really ugly painting that Phoebe wanted to give away and somehow Monica and Rach ended up fighting on who would (not) end up with it. It was really hideous. The woman in the portrait actually had her head sticking out of the side. Yucks. But funny nonetheless.
- The time when Joey realised his deep love for Rach.. It turned out to be a different kinda love.. but it was so sweet.
I'm sooo gonna miss F.R.I.E.N.D.S....Damn.
No comments:
Post a Comment