Unbelievable
I see her everyday. She acts as if nothing's wrong, as if she hasn't been doin some sneaky business behind my back. She does the laundry, washes the dishes, waters the plants and sees Taha off to school at 1130 am every morning. She gives me my allowance, tells me to pray and reminds me that material possessions aren't everything. All seems normal. In place. Everyday things happening everyday. Not a hint of anything to do with anything different than usual everyday stuff.
Well the story goes like this. I heard it from my cuz who heard it from his mom who heard it from my mom.
I was supposed to be match made.
When Amin told me, my jaw dropped, time stood still and bits of lettuce and Tomato peeled itself from between my teeth and dropped back to my Whopper with mushroom swiss and cheese(this is where Summer goes Eeew!). Ok slight exaggeration there. I didn't order cheese. Anyway, I stopped breathing ( if only Gerard was there to remind me to breathe like in the match). I swear that was the end of the world for me. I was taking my own sweet time to find THE ONE and she just wants to rush me into a relationship with someone i dun even know. I can't remember how many times those magical words what the fuck floated thru my mind as i stared at Amin happily munching on his whopper, contented with life and the very fact he wasn't gonna be matchmade. After the initial shock, i started to make plans. One such plan involved bringing back a hokkien-swearing ah lian with a dragon tattoo on her forehead and introducing her to the parents. Another involved me gettin attached to a hot girl and making her wear a tudung when i intro her to my parents (ok this is just wishful thinkin, i jus wanna hot girl). I considered eloping (with me, myself and I of coz) or declaring I'm gay or a part time Changi Village Bapok.. I dreamt of nerdy girls in tudungs grabbin me last night. This is shit.
But I heard the girl was gonna get engaged cos my NS took too long.
But this morning my dad called me and told me to look presentable, to cut my hair for the family dinner at Puteri Pan Pacific on the 31st. To look nice and appropriate for match making? Now i'm suspicious again. AAArrrrgggghhhhh.. This isn't the damn 18th century or even Kelantan. I wanna choose my bride, i wanna take my time. WTF. I dun even wanna get married anytime soon. This is unneccessary and unwanted pressure. Why why why why??
Hmm, effy ( anotha cuz) thinks they're doin this cos they might think I'm gay. It was horrifying but it made sense. But i doubt it; and i have a rough idea who the girl is.
Tuesday, July 20, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment