Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Infatuation looms just over the horizon. I dreamt of her yesterday.

As i woke up this morning, i had no recollection whatsoever of any residual images in my mind's eye. I went about my business, making sausages and preparing breakfast for myself. As i ate, sth triggered inside me and a flash of images made a dash through my mind.

She was driving, we were in a carpark, she disappeared behind a pillar.
Blank.
I was in my dad's car, had i been driving?
Blank.
On the expressway, on a flyover, an abandoned car by the wayside.
She lay sleeping in her proton wira, her driver's seat reclined.
I bent over her, such was her allure i had to restrain myself.
Only touching her with my eyes.
I shook her awake.
She opened her eyes, managed a faint smile and asked,
with all the innocence of a baby what time it was.
My mouth opened on its own accord.
"You're late for work".
Blank.


My attempt at deciphering my dream..
1. Usually my dreams would be vivid and the images in my mind would be crisp and sharp, i would remember every single detail. I guess, in this case, i really was forcing myself not to think of her (for many reasons which i shall not bother to elaborate) or the exams were really pressing down on any other matters. It could be a combination of the two.. That should explain the mental block, why there was a reluctance/hindrance to remember..
2. Why was she driving? She seems to be someone who has done so far in life, working in the mass media industry, (she loves her job) and driving may be a way for my subconscious to portray her as being successful.
3. The fact that i can't remember whether i was driving shows that i'm still bothered by the fact i haven't gotten my licence. Yesterday, Jimmy was telling us about his driving test and Gerald was saying Jimmy shd get his license before me. Maybe that reignited the desire to get my licence.
4. I dunno why expressway, flyover.. Hmmm. i should think about this. Maybe random imagery.
5. Proton Wira? Simple, my dad's car's a proton Waja. This shows a need for common ground.. to have something in common (which i feel is one of the most important ingredients in relationships between people)
6. Her position, lying on her back, and my choice not to rip off her clothes? Haha.. the fact that my mind, had her in that postion does mean i'm horny but the fact that i didn't do anything, means i'm not that kinda guy, or she's not that kinda girl or both..
7. After that, it just seems like i was doing something routine.. Something i do everyday, waking her up, telling her to got to work, her asking about the time.. Ok this one's scary. I refuse to consider the implications of this scenario.

Oh shite I'm late. Need to go to HQ, for my deferment.

Study study study.

No comments: